The National Museum of Montenegro is a complex public cultural institution comprised of four separate organizational units: The Historical Museum, an integral part of which are King Nikola’s Museum, Petar II Petrović Njegoš Museum, Njegoš’s Birthplace, Njegoš’s Mausoleum on Mount Lovćen, Court Church at Ćipur, Bishop Danilo’s Mausoleum on Orlov Krš and the Relief of Montenegro; The Art Museum with the Montenegrin Art Gallery “Miodrag Dado Ðurić” and DADO Atelier; The Ethnographic Museum; and the newly founded Archaeological Museum with the Lapidarium.
The museums are housed in edifices which are cultural and historical monuments in themselves, storing and presenting museum objects of the highest importance for the Montenegrin people as well as other peoples living in the territory of Montenegro.
The National Museum of Montenegro has several departments: Documentation Department, Library and Archives Department, Preventive Conservation Department, Communications Department and IT Department.
The Government House, erected in 1910 in the neo-Renaissance style designed by the Italian architect Carlo Antonio Corradini, is the administrative building of the Museum, which also houses the permanent exhibitions of the Art, Historical and Archaeological Museums.
This website is a new, redesigned online presentation of the National Museum of Montenegro the development of which is still under way. In the forthcoming period, we will operate on two web addresses: